Front Footage and owners from left to right in 1930s
100 AB Maginnis
130 R Levert
60 Mrs AP Northrop
Miss S Tiblier
40 Mrs E Donahue
65 L Christianson
86 SL McGlathery
To Rear, is Leovy St. from 2nd St
200 W. Beach
The Pass Christian High School on Second St was constructed in 1926.
That is now the Pass Christian Middle School site.
Below Brogan House situated on second lot from Church Ave. Later, owned by Levert.
Brogan House of 1890s above and 1922 scene below.
The scrubby oak tree still remains on neutral ground between US 90 4-lane.
"Sailing excursions out to the islands and around through the Bay are the most popular amusements. One of the favorite excursion points is a great shell mound on the banks of the Wolf River."
Quoting below from "Along the Coast," as written in 1895:
"George P. Brandt and Joseph M. Dempf are owners of stock in the Beacon newspaper. Among the other various enterprises owned or controlled by these two gentlemen is the Pass Christian Opera House which was built by them in conjunction with Mr. K. L. Thornton, Justice of the Peace. Mr. Dempf is the manager of the Opera House and has made it a paying, institution. To Mr. Brandt belongs the credit of originating the Artesian Well Company, in which both gentlemen are interested. This is an extremely profitable institution. This company which furnishes water to its stock holders and sells to consumers generally was put on foot, with the stock rated and selling it its par value of $50 per share."