Sanborn Maps     |     home
700 W. Beach   |   600 W. Beach   |   500 W. Beach   |   400 W. Beach   |   300 W Beach   |   200 W. Beach   |   200 W. Beach Cont   |   100 W. Beach   |   100 W. Beach Cont   |   100 E Beach   |   Market Street   |   100 E Beach Cont   |   200 E. Beach   |   200 E. Beach Cont   |   Mexican Gulf   |   Davis Avenue   |   300 E. Beach   |   300 E Beach Cont   |   400 E Beach   |   400 E Beach Cont   |   500 E Beach   |   500 E Beach Cont   |   600 E Beach   |   600 E Beach Cont   |   700 E Beach   |   700 E Beach Cont   |   Row Houses
500 W. Beach


Front Footage and owners from left to right in 1930s
Current Residential addresses to right

Pine Street
347     Mrs RS Hecht                524/520/516  (Westgate, Middlegate, and Eastgate)
115     LK Thompson                512
96      Gus Revol                        506
66      CL Meriwether               500
66      GA Weigand                    500
Clarence Avenue

The Golf Links on Pine between St. Louis Ave and the Railroad tracks were most likely constructed by one of the remaining hotels during 1925-1930 -- perhaps the Inn by the Sea

     "The numerous fishing and promenade piers, pagoda-ornamented and projecting into the Sound are used for fishing or moonlight flirting, according to the bait used.  The waters are more frequented by Spanish  mackerel,  the famous pompano,  the shoal loving  flounder . . . frequently speared by pleasure parties."

Quoting below from "Along the Coast," as written in 1895:
   "Too much cannot be said of the majestic oaks which shade the avenues and drives at "the Pass," many of these are very large and must have been planted over a hundred years ago. Notable among the oak giants is the one on the grounds of the Mexican Gulf Hotel, under whose grateful shade, seats are placed, affording shelter from the heat to numberless guests of this famous hostelry."

Next Page